If you have a cat, then you know what a joy it is to have such a wonderful friend in your home. If you are considering becoming a first-time cat owner, there are some things you’ll want to have. Here’s a list of items no cat lover should be without:
• High-quality cate food. This is the number-one most important thing for your cat. You can go to the grocery store and be overwhelmed with the choices. The best thing to do is talk to your vet and see what they recommend. The worst thing you can do is buy whatever is cheapest or on sale. And don’t be fooled by clever advertising, a lot of the pet foods you see on commercials are just terrible. Think of it as fast food. Yeah, you see it everywhere, but that doens;t mean it’s good for you. The same thing goes with what you feed your cat. Just because it’s popular doesn’t mean it’s an okay choice.
• Toys. Cats like to play with things, and there are a lot of fun toys out there. Feathers, bells, balls, etc. are terrific items for your cat to enjoy. They also make it a lot of fun for you to lpay with your cat and develop that sweet relationship.
• A scratching post. Cats like to scratch things—it keeps their claws healthy and strong. And if you don;t have something for them to scratch, they’ll turn to your furniture and carpet.
• Stain remover. Sometimes, kitties have accidents. And when they have one, they are likely to have another—often in the same spot as before. Look for a good, safe cleaner/stain remover that eliminates odor. Melaleuca has a lot of great products that clean without harsh chemicals and are safe for pets.
• A collar. If your cat is going to spend any time outside, make sure they have a collar and a tag that identifies both you and them. That way, if anything happens to them, someone will know to contact you.